We are committed to protecting the personal information that you provide, and recognise the importance of being clear about how we intend to use it.
All personal information provided by you through this website will be under the control of Anchor Trust acting as Data Controller and in line with the Data Protection Act 1998. Our registered office is The Heal's Building, Suites A&B, 3rd Floor, 22-24 Torrington Place, London, WC1E 7HJ. Our ICO Registration Number is Z7000835.
This privacy notice explains how we may use any personal information we collect about you when you use this website. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This notice is effective from May 2015.
What is personal information?
Personal information is information that alone or combined with other information may identify you. We not consider personal information to include information that has been anonymised so that it does not allow you to be identified.
What personal information we may collect
When you visit our website we may ask you for personal information to allow us to contact you to deal with your request or enquiry. This may be collected by entering your details into any of the forms within our website, such as those we have provided to contact us, provide us with feedback on our services, apply to join a customer influence group, signing up to receive Anchor Life Newsletter, or creating an account and profile. We may also collect information which monitors activity whilst you use this website or if you share any of its content by clicking the social media buttons. This includes the following personal information:
- If you ask us to contact you - your full name, email address, telephone number and any personal data you may choose to include within the free text box
- If you sign up to receive Anchor Life Newsletter – your full name and email address
- If you create an account and profile - your full name, post and email address including your chosen password
- If you submit your post code or location to find a service - and your home is a the only property that uses that postcode
- When you visit our website and have chosen not to disable cookies – your Internet Protocol (IP) addresses
- If you apply for a job – and complete and submit the on line application form and attach your CV
Anchor Trust will not share your personal information with anyone else.
What is an Internet Protocol (IP) address?
An IP address is a number that can uniquely identify a computer or network device on the internet.
How we intend to use your personal information
To provide a service: we will contact you for reasons relating to the details or service you are enquiring about using the contact details you have provided.
To send you further information about our services or survey your opinion: we may also retain these details to provide you with information about our own service we think you may find interesting, or send you a survey about your experience with us. We will do this using the contact details you have provided. The marketing section below and your account profile will provide you with further information should you wish to stop us contacting you. To deal with your account and profile we may email you to confirm your email account or of you request a password reset because you have forgotten your password.
If you are enquiring on behalf of someone else, we may need confirmation you are authorised to act on their behalf before we can discuss their personal details.
Will my personal information be shared with other organisations?
Your personal information that you give to us via our website may be transferred to our 3rd party providers who undertake the following on line services on our behalf. These organisations are;
- LivePerson when you submit your details using the contact us page
- SilverPop if you request a copy of our newsletter
- Google maps if you enter your geographical information should you need directions to any of our locations
- Career Builder if you submit an on line job application form and attach your CV
- Share This if you choose to share any content of this website by clicking the social media buttons such as Facebook, Twitter, You Tube or Google+
- Organisations who host this website on our behalf; or
- If we are required to do so by law
All the above organisations may process your personal information outside of the EEA. Anchor has ensured that any personal information they handle will be in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998.
All about cookies and how to disable them
Cookies are text files or pixel tags which are placed on your computer when you visit our website to help us analyse website traffic, usage and behaviour so that we can improve the visitor experience to our website. The cookie information we collect for these purposes is anonymous and is used to;
- To track visitor use of the website and to compile statistical activity using Google Analytics, a service provided by Google Inc. Google automatically collects a partial IP address which ensures you remain anonymous for the purpose of monitoring website traffic and improving the user experience of this website. Google undertake not to associate your IP address with any other data held by their organisations
- To gather non-personal, demographic and behavioral information using ShareThis, if you choice to share any content using the social media buttons on this site
- If you send us an email using the email button, Live Person will collect your preferences and usage statistics. This information will be kept anonymous
- If you wish to sign up to receive our newsletter, SilverPop may gather your IP address to analyse trends and monitor our newsletter usage
- A cookie does not allow us to access your computer to obtain personal information, other than the data you choose to share with us We do not read cookies left by other websites
- You can disable cookies at any time (see below)
The cookies that this website may use are;
|Organisation||Description of service||What does the cookie hold?||How is the cookie used?|
|Google Adwords||Paid search advertising||Sitewide performance trends for www.anchor.org.uk||Determine www.anchor.org.uk KPIs & ROI|
|Google Remarketing||Paid search advertising||Business content accessed on www.anchor.org.uk||Used to serve an advert to a particular person who has visited a certain page on the Anchor network|
|Google Display Network||Paid search advertising||Sitewide performance trends for www.anchor.org.uk||Determine www.anchor.org.uk KPIs & ROI|
|Google Analytics||Website performance analysis||Sitewide performance trends for www.anchor.org.uk||Determine www.anchor.org.uk KPIs|
|Paid search advertising||Content accessed on www.anchor.org.uk. For more information see http://www.facebook.com/about/privacy||Facebook pixel enables us to deliver personalised content through Facebook advertisements.|
|Live Person||Customer engagement tool||Unique anonymised visitor||Customer service|
|Bing Paid Search||Paid search advertising||Sitewide performance trends for www.anchor.org.uk||Determine www.anchor.org.uk KPIs & ROI|
|Career Builder||Jobs tool||Unique anonymised session||Use of job enquiry form|
|Share This||Social sharing platform||Referral source||Provide report data|
|YouTube||Video player||User bandwidth||Video serving optimisation|
|YouTubee||Video player||Video engagement and performance trends||Determine www.anchor.org.uk KPIs|
|Google Maps||Location mapping||User browser and preferences||Map display optimisation and Google Map usuage tracking|
|Silverpop||Email marketing platform||User preferences||Track the delivery and open rates of our email newsletters and email marketing campaigns|
How to disable cookies
You are able to disable cookies used by this website directly from your device. For further information about cookies and how to do this, please visit the websites: www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
Gaining your consent to use tracking cookies
We are required to gain your consent before we store and use any cookies which are not intended to be used solely for the operation of our website. We do this by providing a cookie notice each time you enter our website and a link to this privacy notice which tells you how to disable cookies if you wish to do so. If you enter the site after reading this notice, and do not disable them, we will regard this as your consent for use of those cookies described in the “The cookies that this website may use” above.
Other websites that can be accessed by this website
Sharing information through social media
If you choose to share any content of this site, or your personal information by using the social media buttons (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube or Google+) you should be aware that any personal information you may choose to share could be accessed by the public. We cannot be held responsible for any damaging actions or behaviours which may result following your use this or any other related subsequent social media activity.
How long will you keep my personal information?
Your personal information will be retained by us, and those organisations that process your data on our behalf, for as long as is necessary for the required service to be provided to you. All retained personal information we hold is subject to the controls of our data protection and retention policies.
Where will my personal information be kept?
Your personal information will be under the control of Anchor Trust as detailed in this notice.
However, as the internet cannot be guaranteed as completely secure, the security of your data transmitted to and from our website; any transmissions are completely at your own risk.
We will regularly review our privacy statement to ensure it reflects the personal information that we may request from you, and how we may process it. The date of subsequent revisions of this policy will be recorded at the beginning of this notice.
All about our marketing
Where you have expressed an interest through submitting an enquiry, requesting information or selecting your email preferences within your profile, we may like to contact you for marketing purposes to promote other related Anchor services to you or to ask you to take part in our survey. This could be by post, phone, email or text message. Each time we contact you we will check that you are happy to receive further direct marketing. You can however stop us contacting you at any time, please see the “how to stop marketing” section below.
How to stop marketing
You have the right to stop us from contacting your for our marketing purposes at any time. If you no longer wish us to contact you, please let us know by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by using any of the other contact methods in the How to contact us section below or the Contact us page of this website. If you have created an account, you can change your email preferences in your profile by clicking the link in "Your settings". We will not pass your personal details on to any other organisation for the purposes of marketing.
Access to your personal information and its accuracy
You have the right to see the personal information that we may hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please either complete the Data Subject Access Request Form, or contact us by using the details below. A charge of £10.00 will be made for this service.
We want to make sure our personal information is accurate and up to date. By using the contact methods below or the Contact us page of this website, you may request that we correct or remove information you feel is inaccurate. If you have created an account, you can update the personal information in your profile by clicking the link in "Your settings".
How to contact us
- Writing to the Data Protection and Information Governance Officer at Anchor, The Heal's Building, Suites A&B, 3rd Floor, 22-24 Torrington Place, London, WC1E 7HJ
- Email: email@example.com
- By using the contact us section of the website
- Telephone our Customer Centre: 0800 731 2020
Please note that if you contact us by telephone, your call maybe recorded for training and quality purposes.